The Voyage The Voyage

Dan Johansen, Khairul Razikin, Jon Santiago in one tune? Dude, stop. I might have a heart attack because I can't handle this much awesome.

Seriously, though, this shit's awesome as hell! Collaborations like this need to happen more often!

DanJohansen responds:

Yeah I want to collab more for sure! Glad you dig it man :D

Hear Lies Hear Lies

It seems like you and a few others are the ONLY ones who do the screaming vocals in a way I can actually stand! I think part of it is because you mix it with actual melodic singing as opposed to doing the screaming through the entire song. The vibe I get from you is similar to that of Killswitch Engage and Stone Sour, honestly, both of whom I fucking LOVE. You've got this down to a science, it seems, and I'm glad you're still kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

...But you seem to be all out of gum.

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Wow man, those are incredible comparisons! Much appreciated. haha, These songs are fun. Not science. lol haha.

This song, has actually made it into my other bands' line up - with a female singer. She fucking slays this tune.

Glad you dig it. I'd like to upload her version soon too. Love your thoughts on that one, when we get it!

Krewella: We Are One (BurgeraX Remix) [Dubstep] Krewella: We Are One (BurgeraX Remix) [Dubstep]

Okay, coming from Bad-Man-Incorporated, I kind of expected metal, not dubstep. Dubstep isn't even that well-enjoyed by me. You managed to be an exception, however. This was both beautiful and powerful. For someone who doesn't even like dubstep that much, I've got to say you know damn well what you're doing! You made something I dislike and turned it into something I find myself moving to, and that's not very easy to do! You've got some mad talent, mate! Perhaps I can learn a thing or two from you!

BurgeraX responds:

Thank you, im glad you like it enough to motivate you :)

Godvine Godvine

I remember listening to some of your stuff from way back when, and you were fucking badass back then. It's awesome to see that THAT badassness has improved at least tenfold since those days! Your vocal style, while it does sound a tad... gruff, I guess? While it sounds that way, it's in such a way that it makes your singing so easy to listen to, as opposed to the constant screaming and growling I tend to hear on NG these days. I mean, it's good to use that style, but it's best to use it sparingly, in my opinion. Aside from the vocals, the guitars, drums, bass, everything grabs the listener by the balls and says "You know you love me." As one such listener, I must agree with that sentiment! This is kickass, man! Is there any chance I could use your stuff for some videos on YouTube? I have a small channel and I try to use music I download for free for them. Proper credits are given in the description, and I do make sure to give links to where people can listen to and acquire these songs, if available.

The Hold The Hold

Dude, this kicks so much ass, and the vocals are so easy on the ears, both from you and from VGSongbird! A shame I can't use this for anything myself, otherwise I'd ask if I could. Oh well, I'll just have to settle for sitting back and letting this take me over!

We are Number One but it's METAL We are Number One but it's METAL

No, sir. YOU are Number One! Seriously, I'm not anywhere close a fan of where this song originally comes from, but somehow, you've made me gain a love for this song. Maybe because it's something I wouldn't expect to be metalized, but you fucking did it, dude. You did it, and you made it so kickass!

Sonic 3 final boss Sonic 3 final boss

A blatant reupload of a portion of the Sonic 3 final boss theme. No effort to make a mix of your own, nothing even remotely resembling effort to make something out of it, it's just a blatant reupload.

Phoenix Rising Phoenix Rising

As usual, Dan, your music kicks so much ass! I can imagine this as the theme to a boss fight where the boss wields the power of, like the song suggests, a phoenix. Then again, I'm just kind of a game nut.

I gotta ask, though. Regarding how some of your previous songs sound, I've been wondering if part of your inspiration came from a band called Nightwish?

DanJohansen responds:

Glad you dig this as well! :D
Nightwish hasn't been a huge inspiration, but their synth work is really epic.
I'm mostly inspired by video game music, such as Ys (uses a lot of 80's type of bell synths and synths in general, FFantasy, Early Tales of soundtracks etc etc. and bands like Symphony X, Stratovarius etc. :)

Revelation! With Vox Revelation! With Vox

I gotta say, as I listened to this song, I really couldn't find anything wrong with it. Not that it's perfect, as no work of art is truly perfect, but for me, I found nothing to really criticize. Every note comes together in pure harmony, and the vocals really work to set the atmosphere of the song. I don't know if you're still active, but I hope you don't mind me using this song in a YouTube video. It definitely feels like something I can fight to.

MetalRenard responds:

Hey, thanks for the comment, I appreciate the kind words. I'm still active, posted a new song only a few days ago. Could you send me a PM with more information please? :)

Imperishable Night OST - Flight of the Bamboo Cutter/Lunatic Princess Cover (Houraison's Theme) Imperishable Night OST - Flight of the Bamboo Cutter/Lunatic Princess Cover (Houraison's Theme)

I'm sorry, but I couldn't get through the first twenty seconds without my ears hurting, and my computer volume is set to 50%. The tune is there, I'll give you that, but it's way too painful to start with, and there's no coherent mastering. Having remixed this particular theme myself, I can say that mine didn't do the best job, either, but yours sounds pretty off. As I'm writing this, I'm listening to it more after turning down the volume so as not to cause more pain to myself. The tune is there and recognizable, but unfortunately, the remix does not even come close to doing the theme the justice it deserves. This needs a lot of work, but with proper mastering and volume tweaking, this could be the beginning of a great remix.