Skype
mudkip404

Solar Overdrive! Solar Overdrive!

About what I'd expect! A melt-your-face-off heavy metal song with a lot of energy and personality, complete with backup strings n' shit. Metal and orchestral go together like chocolate chip cookies and A FUCKING T-BONE STEAK!

And yes, they go well flawlessly, and I will fight you if you disagree!

Nice job here, man!

FinalFantasyVII StillMoreFight FinalFantasyVII StillMoreFight

Ugh, I'm sorry, but the instruments were far too overdriven, a good portion of the notes were off, the percussion was lacking, VERY lacking, and overall, it just hurt my ears. At the very least, anyone who listens to this can recognize the tune you were trying to recreate, but jeez...

I get that this is all the way from 2006, so hopefully you've improved a LOT since then. I have hope.

Destroyer Destroyer

Damn, dude! Been a while since I heard something resembling famous artists or bands of ages past, and your pieces deliver!

White Knights of Andorias White Knights of Andorias

Right from the start, you had me smiling. I've been needing a smile tonight, for I have been bored out of my freaking skull all day! It's melodic, it's just the right amount of heavy, and it really does bring forth feelings of desperation, fortification, determination, and an unwavering resolve to stand against the forces that threaten their land. God. Fucking. Yes.

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks good sir, glad you enjoyed it! :D Always dig seeing your comments man! More to come!

Those Chosen by the Planet Those Chosen by the Planet

How in the hell does this not have more plays? This is deserving of more recognition, that's for damn sure! I've actually listened to a lot of your stuff, and I have not found one that doesn't impress me so far!

Shackles of Fate Shackles of Fate

Didn't even need ten seconds to know I was gonna download this shit! It's an absolute auditory delight, but then, what else can we expect from you, Dan? Excellent work here, mate!

DanJohansen responds:

Thanks a ton man! I put a lot of effort into changing my sound a bit for this and the upcoming tracks! A bit more crystal-meth-like lead sound and heavier rythm etc. Glad you dig it!

The Doomsday Zone Remixed! The Doomsday Zone Remixed!

It's there, but... it's nowhere near the level of "good". In fact, it's not really even that decent in its current state. I can recognize the tune just fine, but the desperation is taken out and instead replaced with a dance-track feel. It doesn't suit the theme at all. You took out what made the song a hit and instead stripped it down to a very, VERY basic form, which, in all honesty, ruins it. Since this piece is almost 9 years old, this review is a bit of a moot point, but hopefully you looked back on this and gave it another go.

Makou Reactor - FF7 (Metal) Makou Reactor - FF7 (Metal)

Fuckin' hell, dude. Your previous cover of this particular theme was amazing as it was, and here you go, just improving on literally every aspect of your first one! I'm definitely getting down on this!

Just My Luck-Metaljonus Just My Luck-Metaljonus

Not entirely my style, but I can definitely get down on this! Only reason I can't give it a full 5 stars is because it sounds so... basic. Then again, you're new to doing this stuff, right? I can only see even more of an upward rise from this! Keep going with it, man! I'm interested to see where you can take it.

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! Yeah, I'm super new to this lol. Any videos or tutorials or anything that would help build my knowledge with this kind of music? Shoot me a pm! I'm really interested in learning more!

Fairy Tail Theme-Metaljonus Fairy Tail Theme-Metaljonus

Damn, dude, this is fuckin' awesome! I admit, I never got around to watching Fairy Tail, but I have looked into the show's soundtrack, and goddamn, dude, you nailed this one, I think! I think you should do more of these!

...Starting with Kurogane.

Metaljonus responds:

Thanks dude! Fairy Tail is awesome! And I've never seen or heard of Kurogane. I should look into it!